Submissions for Love Lifespan Vol. 4 are NOW OPEN.
Submissions will close 31st August 2021.
Through 2021, 2022 and into 2023, Pure Slush is planning a 12-volume anthology series, looking across the Lifespan.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute works taking characters across the arc of their whole lives, whether prose or poetry, fiction or non-fiction.
Or alternately, to create unlinked works.
Submit to one … or a few … or many … or all.
Your Love submission must be:
- original, so previously unpublished online or in print (so that includes authors’ websites and blogs)
- 150 word minimum limit for fiction and non-fiction, stories and essays / maximum 1000 words
- 80 word minimum limit for poetry / maximum 1000 words. (That’s for each poem: maximum number of poems you can submit is 5.)
- must include something about love … which means the characters can be any age.
You must be minimum 18 years of age to submit.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit, click here. Please include the word LOVE, plus your name and the title of your submission, and the word count. (Please note: word counts do not include titles or your name.)
PLEASE NOTE: if you are submitting more than one poem, story or essay, we really prefer they are all included on one document. So if you have 5 poems or 3 stories to submit, please include them on one document, and thus make one submission, rather than 5 submissions (one for each poem) or 3 submissions (one for each story).
If you are new to Pure Slush, please include a brief bio or profile of yourself.
For other topics re submitting and rights etc, click here.
The 12 volumes will be, in submission and publication order
• Birth Vol. 1 – submissions for Birth have closed
• Growing Up Vol. 2 – submissions for Growing Up have closed
• Friendship Vol. 3 – submissions for Friendship have closed
• Love Vol. 4
• Work Vol. 5
• Marriage Vol. 6
• Home Vol. 7
• Achievement Vol. 8
• Loss Vol. 9
• Retirement Vol. 10
• Older Vol. 11
• Death Vol. 12